Kohlrabi and Carrot Soup
There is a traditional Polish salad of grated raw Kohlrabi and carrot – tastes great! Using
this as inspiration I have taken things a stage further and made a soup. As the name
suggests kohlrabi is a central European vegetable rather like the turnip. The recipe is
simplicity itself, healthy and a little spicy too. However, in my opinion the secret of its
success is the fresh ginger!
Preparation time; 15 minutes
Cooking time; 30 minutes
1. 1 Kohlrabi peeled and diced (about 400g)
2. 3 – 4 carrots peeled and diced (about 450g)
3. 30g fresh ginger (finely chopped)
4. 1 litre of cold water.
5. ½ vegetable stock cube (5g or equivalent)
6. 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
7. 1 dash of black pepper
1. Peel and dice the kohlrabi and carrot.
2. Add all the ingredients to a pan of water (1 litre)
3. Boil until the vegetables are soft (about 30 minutes)
4. Using an electric blender mix vegetables and water until a smooth liquid.
5. Add a little hot water to make the soup a little thinner if desired.
6. Add salt and pepper if needed
Best served with homemade wholemeal bread